What to stick in your "Mala"
To avoid ending up freezing, shoe-less or bullied for having 7 cases, I advise you to take a look at these before packing....
- Only pack the neccesities - and yes. That means you may have to leave your 101 shades of nail polish at home. You'll survive.
- Pack SENSIBLE - there is no point filling your suitcase with biccies & sweets and having to wear the same clothes over and over again.
- Prepare for anything - this means sun cream, rain gear, tracksuits, wellies, shorts, coats, socks ( LOTS of socks!) and swimgear! Crazy, I know. You are in the West, the weather changes its mind 20 times a day, so don't rely on shorts and tees to get you through.
- Remember, you'll be going to lots of dress-up ceilís, so things like tights and colourful jewelery can come in useful
- Bring plenty of towels - for showers and for the beach
- Bring anything you have that stands out and will be useful for dress-up, eg a haiwan necklace or Marilyn Monroe t-shirt.
- A good heavy jacket is always important
- Toiletries - dont forget deoderant, shampoo, conditioner , toothpaste, a toothbrush and a hairbrush
- While you make think makeup is essential in the gaeltacht, fake tan really isn't. No-one wears it, so go au-naturel!